The Video Production Editor is responsible for reviewing audio and visual footage and using video editing software to organize the content into compelling and engaging clips for the varied audiences of The Wellness Way. Content will be used on variety of digital platforms, including websites, blogs, videos, email marketing campaigns, advertising campaigns, social media posts, infographics, and more.
The Video Production Editor should be a creative storyteller, excited to use their skills to engage and excite the varied audiences of The Wellness Way. They should be proficient in video editing tools and techniques, and constantly be learning to remain on the leading edge of industry updates and best practices. The overall goal of The Wellness Way Video Production Editor is to inspire, engage and connect with our varied audiences through beautifully filmed and edited content, while maintaining adherence to brand guidelines.
The Video Production Editor may also be involved in the capturing of the raw footage, under the direction of the Creative Director. They may also run cameras for events as needed.
Video Capture & Editing
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience
- Work closely with the Creative Director to grasp the productions needs and specifications
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects into video segments
- Create content that motivates, inspires, educates, informs, sells, and simply, provides information, across a wide variety of digital platforms
- Create rough and final cuts – ensure the correct formatting and presentation for finalized videos
- Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process to establish a clear understanding of the storyline and purpose of the video's creation
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry best practices to maximize efficiency
- Consistently keep the end purpose of the project in mind and create to ensure efficacy of content
- Use your editing and content management expertise to edit content across various digital platforms
- Use your knowledge of SEO and content development to create digital content that helps TWW get found via search engines, and showcases our company as a leader within the industry (proper tagging, hash, etc.)
- Become an influencer who makes an impact on the company and within the industry through the creation of digital content
- Serve as support on studio equipment, be able to confidently launch and execute any standard studio production
- Take direction from studio leads (Technical Director, Creative Director) to support projects and accomplish production goals
Seminars and Events
- Work with Creative Director to understand production needs and set up. Assist and ensure event needs are met.
- Support coordination and production of intro video for annual seminar
- Work with Creative Director to support any event promotional video production for marketing
- Execute post-event video processing and ensure it’s available on platforms as needed
- Attend seminars and events as vital member of production crew
- Maintain brand integrity across any creative content produced
- Ensure brand is consistently represented in modern, engaging way through creative storytelling and consistent use of cutting-edge techniques
Team Involvement & Problem Solving
- Collaborate successfully with The Wellness Way team, always being willing to pitch in even if it does not fall within typical job responsibilities
- Use the Dignify system to foster healthy coworker relationships, conduct regular introductions and check-ins, and build up other team members to foster an environment of trust and mutual respect
- Actively engage with and participate in team growth opportunities including Weekly Connects, Rise n’ Grinds, company-wide meetings and outings, seminars, and more, expressing a willingness to grow and support others in their personal and professional growth
- Engage problem resolution skills when issues arise; keep the Director of Brand and Marketing informed on significant issues
- Provide feedback to leadership on observations and/or opportunities for improvement of company procedures, practices, and culture
- Attend meetings with the creative and marketing teams to update on status of projects
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in film editing or related degree is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite or other similar design software.
- Proven video editing experience
- Professional mastery of video and audio editing software and programs
- Ability to multitask and work toward several milestones on various projects simultaneously
- Creative experience in filmmaking and videography
- Ability to understand the desired outcome of a project when meeting with clients and the ability to bring them to life
- Experience editing various video projects and inserting sound effects, music and transitions
- Proficient in creating concept boards and other visual representations of planned edits for video projects
- Excellent communication skills are required to have a solid understanding of project scope and implementation
- Ability to collaborate well with other creative professionals to supply clients with top-notch finalized products
- A genuine interest in sharing our information with the public
- Exceptional creativity and organization
- Strong portfolio of published videos
- Strong storytelling skills and creative eye
- Ability to identify emotional stories to captivate and engage audiences
- Ability to concisely translate information to easily understood content
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with basic SEO best practices
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- An understanding of the latest industry trends and their impact on our business, especially in regards to video content
- Ability to work independently on an assignment.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of social media KPIs
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.