The Wellness Way is the fastest growing network of wellness clinics and we need help spreading the word! With an approach like none other, we are seeking an event coordinator with experience to help us spread our message by providing engaging events to both patients, our organization, and the public.
This position requires an assortment of skills: very detail oriented, great multitasking skills, professionalism, creativity, massive amounts of organization, and task driven. Our ideal candidate would have previous experience with large scale corporate event planning, seminars, and a passion for natural health. Not only will they be able to tell our story but will be able to showcase our mission as an organization during our events!
Our event coordinator would primarily work in the Green Bay corporate office but must have the ability to travel as needed and work outside normal business hours when events are happening. Some sample events would be Chiropractic Student Events (Quarterly in Green Bay), Wellness Way University live Corporate Seminars (2 times per year in Green Bay and other states), Wellness Way Invitational Golf Outing (in Michigan once per year), The Hormone Connection (multiple times per month), Wellness Way Women’s Summit (in Green Bay once per year), Employee appreciation events (multiple times per year) and other various events.
The ideal candidate will be an expert in event coordinating that can showcase our brand and portray our approach to healthcare through our event hosting. They will be familiar with and excited about basic Wellness Way principles (don’t worry, we’ll teach you more!), and coordinate elaborate functions for the corporate office. Must be able to thrive independently as well as within a team, while in a dynamic, fluid environment. Should be comfortable with taking the initiative and have a drive to get tasks done.
Company Operations Director
- Perform research to gain deep understanding of different requirements and details of each event
- Plan and organize events in accordance with finance and time restraints
- Coordinating event entertainment, including music, performers, and guest speakers
- Research and book appropriate venues. Complete event contracts and negotiate rates
- Plan, schedule and organize time slots and speakers at event
- Search out, compare, and negotiate with different vendors (catering, decorators, musicians etc.)
- Handle, coordinate and oversee all event operations before, after and during event.
- Track the overall expenses regularly, budgeting and forecasting for future events.
- Work with the Marketing team on event promotion.
- Carefully supervise event preparation activities and communicate with employees’ expectations
- Offer solutions to resolve problems in a timely manner
- Assist with Managing Continuing Education credits at corporate events
- Analyze event’s results and present reports/ideas from them
- Anticipating and planning for different scenarios
- Planning multiple events at once
- Creating sales opportunities for future events during client liaisons and during events, including possessing a strong working knowledge of the company to further these sales opportunities
- Managing and overseeing events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organizing vendors
- Over see ‘The Hormone Connection Events’. Work with clinics to plan the event and fill the event with attendees. Make regularly scheduled calls to hosts to check on ticket sales and push sales forward.
- Implement an event track in our project management software (Trello)
- 2 years of experience as event coordinator or similar role
- Portfolio of successful events
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Team player and creative mind
- Good time-management and organizational skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in hospitality management, public relations, or similar relevant field a plus
- Ability to travel and work nights and weekends for events, as needed.