The Doctor’s Assistant’s primary role is assisting the clinical doctors by relaying all recommended care to the patients and clinical staff. While doing so, providing optimal patient care based on The Wellness Way approach to healthcare. In addition, the Doctor’s Assistant acts a liaison between the clinic doctor and patients when questions arise.
You will be responsible for developing long term relationships with your colleagues & patients and connecting the clinic with the public. The Doctor’s Assistant will stay in close communication with the office manager and will be one of the first points of contact as needs arise from patients. They will ensure business is conducted in an accurate and timely manner and congruent with Wellness Way Standards. The Doctor’s Assistant will adhere to processes and procedures that are set in place by the Office Manager.
Office Manager of Clinic
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
*This list of duties and responsibility is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Prepare recommendation regarding supplementation, testing/test kits and visit follow ups for patients while handling periodic interruptions
- Email pending and completed test results to patients, while also preparing individual patient binders
- Overflow back up to answering phones and assisting the patient coordinators. While answering the phone: explain doctor recommendations, assist patients with scheduling appointments, take shipment orders, prepare these shipments to be sent out, collect payment, and answer any minor questions they may have
- Enter patient charges prior to patient check out, collect payment, and present financial plans if needed
- Create engaging environment for patients over the phone; navigate patient questions as needed, discerning when they should schedule an appointment
- Prep upcoming appointments for assigned doctors schedules to ensure efficiency of clinical hours; verifying test results and rescheduling when necessary
- Ability to keep a clean and organized work environment, while keeping a positive and friendly attitude
- High focus in having the ability to work as a team but also independently
- Prepare upcoming appointments for assigned doctors schedule to ensure efficiency of clinic hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Problem resolution when patient issues arise. Keep the office manager informed on significant issues
- Use the Dignify System to navigate colleague relationships.
- Ask for assistance, especially as problems/issues arise, from the Office Manager as needed.
- Know what software to use when. Troubleshoot when able to then notify Office Manager.
- Suggest solutions to improve office or clinic.
- Carry out new product, services, and systems implementation as instructed by the Office Manager.
- Assist in the transition to new Wellness Way Software when available.
Training and Development
- Learn the basics of the Dignify System in regard to navigation and understanding.
- Complete additional training and continuing education as asked.
- Attend seminars and meetings assigned.
- Attend all trainings (usually via zoom) that the office manager schedules.
- Provide feedback on internal and external matters as they pertain to your office.
- Understanding of Patient Coordinator role and fill in if need be.
- Passion and knowledge of The Wellness Way or the willingness to learn. Must be willing to live the lifestyle.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel; previous computer & phone experience.
- Actively participates in online social media; TWW social media platforms/chats.
- Self-motivated and driven to promote clinical and employee growth.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to work with multiple personalities, use clear judgement, work under pressure, multitask and handle emotional stress.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong communication, organizational, and time management skills.
- Quick learner and ability to be adaptable/flexible in an ever-changing environment.
- Maintain professional manner and has a bubbly personality.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.