The In-House Staff Writer’s primary role is to create original written content to be published via a variety of mediums, including email, social media, clinic reference books, and website articles. Your primary areas of focus will be 1) writing well-researched lifestyle pieces for web/social media purposes, and 2) supporting our corporate office with written content as determined by company needs.
You’ll project the voice of The Wellness Way through your written content, helping to spread our message, engage and inform readers, grow our online audience, and ultimately drive more people to our clinics. Written content should provide compelling insights into The Wellness Way approach and health in general. Additional writing opportunities will parallel business needs and include copy for web, email, advertisements, social media graphics, clinic training documents, and internal staff resources. Copyediting and proofreading skills will also be leveraged on a regular basis as needs arise within the company.
This role will collaborate closely with the writing team, graphics team, and social media team to brainstorm content creation and ensure written content meets The Wellness Way criteria of educating/informing readers, providing action steps, and delivering hope.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
*This list of duties and responsibility is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Write original content to be published across a variety of platforms, including but not limited to: website articles, clinic reference books, email newsletters, social media ads, graphics, fliers, clinic training documents, and internal staff resources
- Ideate and build content that brings true value to The Wellness Way audience and strengthens engagement of the audience with our brand
- Conduct thorough online and on-the-ground primary research to ensure the content generated is accurate, research-based, and fact-checked
- Submit articles to Director of Operations and/or staff clinicians for article feedback and approval prior to publishing, making any necessary revisions based on feedback received
- Collaborate with the writing team, graphics team, and social media team to identify content opportunities based on current news, trends, and marketing needs
- Manage formatting and publication of content in WordPress, including generation of accompanying article graphics
Content Management & Analysis
- Maintain organized records of written content at various stages of publication, ensuring time-sensitive content is released on schedule
- Seek to build a diverse library of online content; look for topical gaps and work collaboratively with the writing team to fill those gaps as they appear
- Lead weekly or bi-weekly meeting with the writing team to evaluate status of projects
- Work with the marketing team to analyze content performance metrics, such as total attention time, click-through rates, and social following growth; apply those insights for content improvement
Copyediting & Proofreading
- Provide copyediting and proofreading support to the corporate team for various projects as they arise (such as email campaigns, internal staff resources, clinic training documents, etc.)
- Work quickly to turn around time-sensitive proofreading projects in an efficient manner that will not hold up project progress
Team Involvement & Problem Solving
- Collaborate successfully with The Wellness Way team, always being willing to pitch in even if it does not fall within typical job responsibilities
- Use the Dignify system to foster healthy coworker relationships, conduct regular introductions and check-ins, build up other team members
- Actively engage with and participate in team growth opportunities including Weekly Connects, Rise n’ Grinds, company-wide meetings and outings, seminars, and more, expressing a willingness to grow and support others in their personal and professional growth
- Engage problem resolution skills when issues arise; keep the Director of Operations informed on significant issues
- Provide feedback to leadership on observations and/or opportunities for improvement of company procedures, practices, and culture
- Knowledge of The Wellness Way or the willingness to learn; must be willing to live the lifestyle
- 5+ years writing experience
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to research and learn about a wide range of topics
- Knowledge of journalistic writing as well traditional blog-style writing
- Familiarity with basic SEO practices, social media, KPIs, best online formatting for readability, and Chicago Manual of Style
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and organization skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at one time while paying strict attention to detail
- Good understanding of social media
- Self-motivated and able to work alone without the need to be micromanaged
- Possess the ability to work well with a variety of personality types
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and WordPress
- Experience with Active Campaigns or MailChimp, Canva, and Adobe are a plus
No commercial health insurance offered at this time. Free care at The Wellness Way Green Bay and supplements at cost. Paid vacation. Paid holidays. Gym reimbursement. Available in-house massage therapy. Unique flexible culture with multiple staff development opportunities, company outings and employee appreciation events.