The Patient Coordinator’s primary role is providing optimal customer service to patients at the clinic. This will include taking care of all transactions at the front desk counter by communicating all recommended care to the patients, scheduling patient appointments, checking patients in and out, presenting financial plans, etc. While doing so, providing optimal patient care based on The Wellness Way approach to healthcare. You will be responsible for developing long term relationships with your colleagues & patients and connecting the clinic with the public.
The Patient Coordinator will stay in close communication with the Office Manager and will be one of the first points of contact as needs arise from patients. They will ensure business is conducted in an accurate and timely manner and congruent with Wellness Way Standards. The Patient Coordinator will adhere to processes and procedures that are set in place by the Office Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
*This list of duties and responsibility is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- First point of contact for patients which will include greeting patients and answering the phones. While answering the phone: assisting patients with scheduling appointments, taking shipment orders, preparing these shipments to be sent out and answering any minor questions they may have
- Checking patients in and out at the front desk, entering patient charges, collecting payment, presenting financial plans and loading patients to appropriate rooms
- Overseeing the front desk responsibilities, while handling periodic interruptions
- Create engaging environment for patients at the front desk
- Ability to keep a clean and organized work environment
- High focus in having the ability to work as a team but also independently
- Create engaging environment for patients over the phone; navigate patient questions as needed, discerning when they should schedule an appointment
- Other duties as assigned
- Problem resolution when patient issues arise. Keep the office manager informed on significant issues
- Use the Dignify System to navigate colleague relationships.
- Ask for assistance, especially as problems/issues arise, from the Office Manager as needed.
- Know what software to use when. Troubleshoot when able to then notify Office Manager.
- Suggest solutions to improve office or clinic.
- Carry out new product, services, and systems implementation as instructed by the Office Manager.
- Assist in the transition to new Wellness Way Software when available.
Training and Development
- Learn the basics of the Dignify System in regards to navigation and understanding.
- Complete additional training and continuing education as asked.
- Attend seminars and meetings assigned.
- Attend all trainings that the office manager schedules.
- Provide feedback on internal and external matters as they pertain to your office.
- Understanding of Patient Coordinator role and fill in if need be.
- Passion and knowledge of The Wellness Way or the willingness to learn. Must be willing to live the lifestyle.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel; previous computer & phone experience.
- Actively participates in online social media; TWW social media platforms/chats.
- Self-motivated and driven to promote clinical and employee growth.
- Must have the ability to work with multiple personalities, use clear judgement, work under pressure, multitask and handle emotional stress.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong communication, organizational, and time management skills.
- Quick learner and ability to be adaptable/flexible in an ever-changing environment.
- Maintain professional manner and has a bubbly personality.
Who We Are
At The Wellness Way, we take pride in being different from other companies. We’re an international network of health restoration clinics that think and act differently to solve the health challenges others can’t. We’re a passionate and unapologetic team coming together as a health champion for all and a community for change that is committed to disrupting the standard approach to care so that every person can achieve the total wellness they deserve.
No individual alone teaches the world to Do Health Differently. It takes an entire team of people, united in vision and passion. We believe in the power of personal growth, laughter, and life-long learning. We brainstorm like crazy and drink our weight in kombucha and organic coffee. We hire people who are motivated by our mission and passionate about creating positive change. If being surrounded by smart, ambitious, wellness-minded people while positively impacting the world sounds fun to you, come join us!