This role is responsible for the successful completion of various graphic design projects on behalf of the corporate brand and specific to the needs of the video team, under the direction of the Creative Director. This role is best suited for someone who is detail-oriented and possesses a combination of creativity, strong communication skills, and a positive attitude. The ideal candidate should have a degree in graphic design, a desire to grow, and thrives working in a fast-paced environment. As a Junior Graphic Designer, your desire to learn is paramount. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to help express our company’s views digitally. The overall goal of The Wellness Way graphics is to inspire, engage and connect with our varied audiences, through beautiful design, while maintaining adherence to the brand guidelines.
*This list of duties and responsibility is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Collaborates with marketing and branding department to understand project assignment, audience, and intended message.
- Creates original visual media that communicates the desired feeling or message in an engaging and cohesive way.
- Chooses graphics, stock photography, and creative, as appropriate.
- Selects fonts for written and digital copy; produces sample layouts for approval.
- Prepares drafts of design work and provides samples for approval.
- Revises projects as necessary based on a collaborative feedback process.
- Consults with department or other team members as needed on complex or specialized projects.
- Stay current on design software and industry best practices
Annual Seminars and Events
- May work with the graphic design team for annual events and seminars, as needed
- Create and contribute to any design needs of the event (from name tags to décor and exclusive event merchandise)
- Maintain brand integrity across any creative done outside of Enterprises/Media Team/Design
- Overall attention to brand integrity across the organization
Team Involvement & Problem Solving
- Collaborate successfully with The Wellness Way team, always being willing to go above and beyond
- Use the Dignify system to foster healthy coworker relationships, conduct regular introductions and check-ins, and build up other team members to foster an environment of trust and mutual respect
- Actively engage with and participate in team growth opportunities including Weekly Connects, Rise n’ Grinds, company-wide meetings and outings, seminars, and more, expressing a willingness to grow and support others in their personal and professional growth
- Engage problem resolution skills when issues arise; keep the Creative Director informed on significant issues
- Provide feedback to leadership on observations and/or opportunities for improvement of company procedures, practices, and culture
- Work closely with other members of the marketing team to assist and ensure project goals are met
- Understanding of project management processes and platforms to use and guide others when needed
- Graphic Design degree preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Proven graphic design experience and a willingness to learn.
- Exceptional creativity.
- Strong portfolio of design work.
- Ability to concisely translate information to easily consumable design.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- An understanding of the latest trends.
- Ability to work independently on an assignment.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Who We Are
At The Wellness Way, we take pride in being different from other companies. We’re an international network of health restoration clinics that think and act differently to solve the health challenges others can’t. We’re a passionate and unapologetic team coming together as a health champion for all and a community for change that is committed to disrupting the standard approach to care so that every person can achieve the total wellness they deserve.
No individual alone teaches the world to Do Health Differently. It takes an entire team of people, united in vision and passion. We believe in the power of personal growth, laughter, and life-long learning. We brainstorm like crazy and drink our weight in kombucha and organic coffee. We hire people who are motivated by our mission and passionate about creating positive change. If being surrounded by smart, ambitious, wellness-minded people while positively impacting the world sounds fun to you, come join us!